Oak Wood School GCSE Examination Results 2023
Oak Wood School is pleased to report some outstanding achievements by its pupils in their GCSE and other qualifications this summer. Overall, our pupils achieved 4% of grades at 9-7, 22% 9-5 and 48% 9-4, and we had some exceptional individual results:
- Japleen achieved an outstanding set of results with seven subjects at Grade 9 - English Literature, Science (double), Business, French, History, Religious Studies, and a Grade 8 in English Language and a Grade 7 in Maths, We wish her well for the future.
- Sohan has achieved an exceptional set of results including six subjects at Grade 9 - English Language, History, Maths, Science (double), and a Grade 8 in Business, English Literature, and PE. We wish him well with his continued studies.
- Mikail has achieved a fantastic set of results with two subjects at Grade 9 – Science (double), five subjects at Grade 8 – Business, English Language, History, Maths, Religious Studies, and two subjects at Grade 7 – English Literature and Film Studies.
Key Information 2023
- Progress 8 Score: -0.69
Attainment in English and maths - percentage of pupils achieving a grade 5 or above in GCSE English and maths: 29%
- Attainment 8 Score: 36.6
- English Baccalaureate (EBacc) Average Point Score: 3.16
- Percentage of pupils entered for the EBacc: 27%
- The percentage of pupils staying in education or going into employment after key stage 4 (pupil destinations): 85% (2021)
School and college performance data for the 2022-23 academic year should be used with caution:
- In 2022-23, qualifications returned to pre-pandemic standards. Performance measures that are based on qualification results will reflect this, and cannot be directly compared to measures from 2021-22.
- There are ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, which affected individual schools, colleges and pupils differently.